    RE: iSCSI: URL scheme

    John,

    The problem that I see with your present scheme that is causing the
    confusion and difficulty is from trying to create an amalgam of IP and SCSI
    addresses.  Although you may view URLs as extensible and perhaps capable of
    handling both IP and SCSI, the load created will be horrendous.  In judo,
    they teach you how use inertia in your favor.  In this case, you are
    attempting to change the course of the entire world using a new symbolic
    router.  I am not as clever as you.  I only wish to translate firmly
    establish binary fields that address devices.  Yes, I can translate these
    and perhaps even bridge some of them.  I can not parse every packet looking
    for a symbolic address and then route this packet dynamically in both SCSI
    and IP domains with your new breed of symbolic router, name and
    authentication server. On top of that, you wish to see everything extracted
    from this single connection for authentication and configuration.  We end up
    doing a great deal of looking at these packets and then a great deal of
    deciding what to do with them.  None of this is productive work.  You
    develop a class 2 control for a class 3 world for additional trouble.  I
    would hope that you want a simple solution and not one sure to thwart all
    efforts.

    Your truly,
    Doug