    Re: Bidirectional SCSI commands and iSCSI

    Folks,

    I'm not advocating variable length headers here to support bi-d commands.
    More to the point, I'm suggesting that the fixed length header change (NOW)
    to accomodate the bi-directional SCSI commands. Better now while the draft
    is still in flux than later after its finalized and more hardware gets
    built.

    BTW, I see two approaches:
    1) one universal header with enough fields for both directions
    2) one header for classical uni-d commands and an additional header for
    bi-d commands (as FCP is proposing)

    My vote would be for option (1).

    Jim Hafner

    Stephen Bailey <steph@cs.uchicago.edu>@ece.cmu.edu on 10-03-2000 07:12:46