    Re: iSCSI: Connection status summary corrections

    David,

    Regarding Pierre Labat's proposal - although certainly interesting - it is
    another
    form of numbering (as Matt Wakeley has already pointed out). It will be
    hard to accept
    as any ordering scheme needs a limit to the number of yet unordered items
    you
    are going to keep.  As such I would put it as another version of S.

    Regarding the requirement to have multiple connections or not I would not
    say that it
    precludes ONE connection for control and ONE for data as many other
    transport mechanisms (some buses, some protocols like FTP) use.

    Again I am somewhat biased for the PA but I also think that S is viable if
    PA is flawed.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com on 26/09/2000 21:19:07

    Please respond to Black_David@emc.com