    Re: A Transport Protocol Without ACK

    Jim:

    Any transport protocol proposal is ok. As long as it can be seen and
    reviewed. So far I have seen only two TCP and SCTP.

    Oh, a little side note, any transport protocol proposed MUST be able to
    show TCP like behavior in the face of congestion. And I think, IMHO, that
    this means  that if it is NOT using RFC2581 procedures it MUST show that
    it does backoff and share with TCP. It also has a HEAVY burden of proof to
    show this facility at least in my mind and I would think in the IESG's mind
    as well...