    RE: A Simple Question

    > From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of
    > julian_satran@il.ibm.com
    >
    > The whole discussion thread is based on the assumption that there will
    > be cases in which you will need several adapters (more than one) while you
    > keep assuming only one.

    I guess this highlights all my arguments. :-)

    My other two postings on "Asymmetric Model" and "Transport Protocol without
    ACK" should give addition background where I come from.

    Yes, our adapter is quite capable and will execute hundreds or thousands
    iSCSI requests concurrently and atomically, i.e. the adapter will break up
    the iSCSI requests into PDU's, order them, and retransmit them.  The adapter
    deals with traffic jam, not the device driver.  There is no deadlock problem
    in the adapter.  BTW, this is how most fibre channel adapter works today to
    deliver FCP requests.  I am not reinventing the wheel.

    Yes, it is our intent to support multiple adapters in the device driver for
    load balance and recovery.

    Yes, it is difficult to synchronizing PDUs of a single iSCSI request in two
    or more adapters when they don't share the execution state.