    Re: TCP speed

    Scott Bradner wrote:

    > > I do believe TCP is a wrong protocol for iSCSI.  A SCSI request from an
    > > initiator is inherently acknowledged by its response from a target.
    > > Therefore, UDP for iSCSI is a better choice.  NFS is implemented on UDP.
    >
    > the ips working group can decide to do something over UDP but
    > it should note that the result has to deal with congestion in a TCP-friendly
    > way - I expect that the WG will find that its not an easy requirement
    > to meet - I personally think that it would not be a good use of the WGs time
    > to spend a good chunk of a year trying to get that right
    >
    > Scott (with AD hat on)

    If one were to go down this path (foolishly I might add),
    I think one year would not be enough time.. two would be
    closer to the mark..

    It is quite a lot of work, it can be both fun and educating,
    but I do think that IPS has a lot of alternatives besides treading
    these paths :)

    Randall R. Stewart
    randall@stewart.chicago.il.us or rrs@cisco.com
    815-342-5222 (cell) 815-477-2127 (work)