    RE: FCIP and wandering duplicates (FCoverIP)

    Vivek,

    If you use SCTP to encapsulate FC, as example
    http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-fc-sctp-ip-00.txt
    which implements
    http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-13.txt
    and use the pending U-SCTP modification by Randall R. Stewart where only one
    retransmission is allowed, then on a MAN, such duplication should be avoided
    in all cases.
    http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-stewart-usctp-00.txt
    The present U-SCTP disables all retransmissions however it is to be changed
    to allow a single retransmission.  This should allow a reasonable connection
    suitable for FC and suitable for standard IP equipment.

    Doug