    RE: FCIP and wandering duplicates

    Raj,

    Unless you are willing to wrap the FC frame within some protocol, duplicates
    can happen and this has nothing to do with TTL.  TTL prevents circular paths
    from forever sending a packet within a loop.  A modified SCTP protocol that
    will solve both of these problems, if restricted one time retry.  A
    Metro-Area-Network should induce about 5ms RTT delay such that a 10ms skew
    becomes possible but is limited by the single retry.  TTL buys you nothing
    with this E_D_TOV, Error_Detect Timeout.

    Doug