    RE: Symmetric vs Asymmetric

    The pro-multiple connection argument was made to mainly to enable several
    connections.
    I made the argument that it may benefit a single connection too but I
    specified that the main
    reason I thought it is valuable is for parallelism in the endpoints - e.g.,
    using SMPs.
    I was not arguing for a more aggressive recovery in case of congestion.
    And this is mainly due to poor implementation choices in current stacks -
    some of them
    bound to be fixed.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com on 07/09/2000 09:58:25