    ips Charter news

    Since it's been over a month since Pittsburgh, I thought
    I'd provide an update on the ips draft charter status.  The
    latest charter draft is now in the hands of the IESG/IAB
    - aside from a bunch of editorial cleanups, there have
    been two substantial changes since the version made
    available before the Pittsburgh meeting:

    - The charter now envisions ips adopting a Technical
    	Coordinator structure along the lines used in
    	the issll WG.  Technical Coordinators would
    	be initially selected by the co-chairs for
    	iSCSI and FC-over-IP.  Among the things that
    	this helps with is organizing parallel sessions
    	at meetings to deal with protocol-specific items.
    - The dates for completion of documents have been
    	pushed back by approximately one IETF meeting.
    	Many people thought the original dates were
    	aggressive, nobody thought they were too
    	lenient, hence the result.  If we meet the
    	original dates, so much the better.

    There may be more changes to come.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500