    RE: Data in SCSI Response or SCSI Data

    When do you get GOOD status and residual counts on a read?  What is causing
    the target to get the length wrong?

    Is the residual count to be updated during each Read PDU?

    Except for the MaxCmdRN, (add this to PDU 0x05 and make it valid during EOE)
    there is little benefit in using the PDU 0x45 structure.  Nor can there be a
    residual condition that is not an error.  I do not understand the benefit
    using this Read PDU.  Mark the end of exchange to allow hole checking and
    clean-up.  Both directions could benefit from end notification matched to a
    tag.  In addition, at this level of transport, the initiator may detect
    errors that should be relayed in some manner at the transport level.  Simply
    add a CHECK or ERROR flag and EOE End of Exchange flag to PDU 0x05 together
    with a MaxCmdRN if needed.

    Doug