    Re: draft-csapuntz-tcpmsgbnd-00.txt

    I was toying around with an idea similar to this.

    My idea is, have the first byte in the iSCSI header be "reserved".
    Whenever an iSCSI message (n) is sent, this first byte of the "next" message (n+1)
    would also be sent, marked urgent.  The result is that the TCP segment(s) for the
    message (n) will have the urgent pointer pointing to the reserved byte of the next
    message (n+1), indicating the beginning of the next message.

    Or each iSCSI message could be sent with the "last" byte of the message marked
    urgent, having the same result.  The urgent pointer would then point to the last
    byte of each iSCSI message, thus indicating where in the byte stream the next iSCSI
    message header begins.

    Comments?

    -Matt Wakeley
    Agilent Technologies