    RE: what's in a name

    I asked around - and since we have here one person that has a PhD in CS and
    a Law Degree - and he claims that as long as we use the any sequence of
    words not in the context of an advertisement or other product reference
    (e.g., within the standard we are not required to say anything about the TM
    - and that applies also to
    the Virtual Private SAN as it is a sequence of words and has a technical
    meaning).

    If the organization that owns the TM doesn't like it - they may choose to
    go to court - and there is a good chance (if the word sequence has a
    specific
    meaning and is understood in the technical circles without regard to the TM
    and prior to the TM) that they will loose the TM.

    In any case let's not loose too much sleep on this!

    Julo

    "Don Woelz" <don@genroco.com> on 29/08/2000 23:52:28

    Please respond to "Don Woelz" <don@genroco.com>