    Could you elaborate?

    Julo

    Christopher Stein - Network Storage <Christopher.Stein@east.sun.com> on
    26/08/2000 23:53:13

    Please respond to Christopher Stein - Network Storage
          <Christopher.Stein@east.sun.com>

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:    (bcc: Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM)
    Subject:  Re: Connection Consensus Progress

    Julian,

    If one of the reasons for supporting multiple TCP connections is
    to allow load balancing across HBAs for fault tolerance, this
    reason will be lost as the TCP processing moves down into the HBA.

    My understanding was that TCP on a chip technology is desired for
    high-performance iSCSI. If this is the case, then multiple
    connections for tolerance of HBA faults is a misfired bullet.

    -Chris