    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of
    csapuntz@cisco.com
    Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 3:38 PM
    To: 'ips@ece.cmu.edu'
    Cc: csapuntz@cisco.com
    Subject: Re: Data in SCSI Response or SCSI Data

    If I remember the discussion correctly, I remember some folks who
    were implementing hardware did not like having 3 different
    mechanisms for doing the same thing, as this required more logic
    and verification.

    From a network performance standpoint, there is minimal difference
    between sending two iSCSI messages back-to-back and one larger
    iSCSI message.

    In fact, both iSCSI messages might even share the same packet.

    -Costa