    RE: Connection Consensus Progress

    David,

    As I am not convinced you are asking the correct questions, let me pose some
    of mine.

    Question E(sctp)
    Should use of TCP be changed to SCTP allowing for-
    . Headers contained within one frame.
    . Objects aligned at 32-bit boundaries.
    . Out of sequence frame processing.
    . Standard authentication.
    . Independent streams under common control.
    . Session restart (no multi-session binding required for reliability).
    . Improved error detection.
    . Prevention of blind spoofing and denial of service attacks.
    . Standard Heartbeat and multi-homing. (optional improvement for
    reliability)

    Add to this list or reorder by importance.  Getting TCP done is half the
    battle with an object stream like SCSI. SCTP allows simple state-machines to
    handle this entire nightmare of obtaining performance. (The deciding factor
    in the end.)  Perhaps they should rename SCTP to TOP for Transport Object
    Protocol or perhaps GTSSB Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.

    Question A(sctp) revised
    Should LUN resolve to stream?

    Question B(sctp)
    SCTP streams, session restarts, and switches obsolete Question B.

    Question C(sctp)
    Should systems connecting to Fibre-Channel retain FCP structures?

    Question D(sctp)
    If using FCP structures, should FC domain resolve to a stream?

    Doug