    Re: iscsi single control channel

    At a high level, I like this proposal a lot.  The feature that makes me
    most uncomfortable about iSCSI as it exists is this: iSCSI uses multiple
    TCP connections, partly to get good performance, but then requires an
    *additional* windowing protocol layered on top of multiple TCP connections,
    sharing state between those connections, to reimpose the desired ordering
    constraints.

    This means that even if you throw hardware at the problem of running TCP
    well at high speeds, you still need independent hardware to handle iSCSI
    sequence number processing at high(er) speeds.  This iSCSI hardware will be
    more expensive, since it will only sell to a smaller market than a general
    TCP accelerator.

    Kalman's proposal has the benefit that requests can be removed from each
    connection and processed independently, without any further
    protocol-imposed synchronization constraints.

    	Mike Kazar
    		(kazar@spinnakernet.com)