    RE: Multiple connections & design complexity

    Costa wrote:

    > There has been significant comment that using multiple connections
    > per session adds significantly to complexity of the design.
    > This message is an attempt to describe the complexity exactly.
    > I hope that you'll agree with me that the complexity is not onerous.

    I agree the complexity doesn't look too bad. My first impresssion was that
    the striping functionality was in the wrong architectural layer, and so the
    session concept in the draft seemed bogus.

    I'm now convinced that it must be implemented in the application protocol,
    i.e. iSCSI or perhaps VI/TCP.

    It doesn't look hard to implement.

    It even may have some advantages, since the obvious implementation implies
    round-robin scheduling between initiators, which provides some level of
    fairness in command-scheduling which might otherwise be lacking.

    Regards,
    -Steve

    Steve Byan
    <stephen.byan@quantum.com>