    Re: Digest Login, iSCSI Discovery, and Other Draft 03 Comments

    Julian-

    Thanks for taking a look.  My comments are embedded below.

    -
    Mark

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:

    > 1. version is already in my working draft!

    Excellent

    > 2. we will have to merge it with whatever comes from Luciano & Paul

    Luciano & Paul- Any comments?

    > 3.that assumption was made for SSL
    >
    > 1. anything related to discovery might be a bit premature. What you propose
    > look like a neat
    > thing but I don't know how it will merge with the management scheme,
    > administrative access.
    > I though that reserving the name is a thing we should do now but not more

    We'll leave our discovery scheme as an implementation enhancement for
    now, until we see how it plays out.

    > 2. Queue full - Is a SCSI layer thing. I think that passing over MaxCmdRN
    > should have the command discarded with iSCSI protocol error (or something
    > of this nature)

    It sounds like the MaxCmdRN should eliminate the need to send Queue Full
    most (if not all) of the time.  This should take care of any concerns
    about the host's SCSI-layer implementations.

    > 2. I can reinstate the bit. But control commands can have data and in this
    > sense are writes.
    >     R/W was meant only to indicate the meaning of ExpectedDataLength (to
    > avoid scaning the CDB)

    We shouldn't need to reinstate the bit; your description works just
    fine.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    NuSpeed, Inc.