    RE: ATA/IP & ATAPI

    Costa,

    The points you make are very relevant. The large installed base makes a
    good argument to have ATA/ATAPI devices as targets. For initiators (hosts)
    having a SCSI driver or  an ATA driver makes no difference.
    I don't see any major issue with having a SCSI to ATA convertor on the
    target. This will cover most of the appliances, RAID or JBOD boxes.  For
    new devices I think that SCSI has only a moderate level of complexity and
    costs are only a mater of volume.

    Costa Sapuntzakis <csapuntz@cisco.com> on 15/02/2000 19:06:09

    Please respond to Costa Sapuntzakis <csapuntz@cisco.com>